Waiver of Liability:
* I understand and agree to the policies and procedures of Dance by Design.
* I understand and agree to the commitment of dance class and the mandatory spring recital weekend.
* I authorize student photos and videos of my child to be used for Dance by Design advertising purposes.
I agree that I understand participation in dance, tumble, cheer, Zumba, and similar classes may give rise to personal injury. I do hereby voluntarily participate in said activities with that knowledge, and agree to accept all risks arising there from. I do hereby release and hold harmless Dance by Design LLC from any and all actions, damages, claims, or demands that I may have against its instructors, volunteers, officers, directors, members, and/or persons employed or engaged by them from all liabilities known or unknown in the event of an accident, including but not limited to bodily injury, personal injuries, and loss or damage to property. I accept responsibility for obtaining appropriate accident, health, and hospitalization insurance to cover the student in the event of personal injury.
- Tuition holds the dancer’s place in class
- All Tuition and Registration Fees are Non-Refundable
- Tuition is divided into equal monthly payments for the dance year from August – May
- Payments do not vary due to the number of classes in a month
- A $10.00 late fee will be charged after the 10th of each month
- Inclement weather cancellations will not be refunded or pro-rated
- Holidays do not count as missed classes and are considered in the dance year’s tuition
- A $25.00 returned check fee will be charged for all returned checks
- Checks will not be accepted after the second returned check
- A statement will be provided only when the account is not current
- Excessive absences of five or more may result in expulsion from the recital
- A written notice is required to withdraw from a class
- Tuition payments are charged to the account on the first day of each month
- No refunds will be given for registration or tuition payments
- Dancers must wear proper dance clothes and dance shoes (with socks) to every practice.
- Students must wait inside the building to be picked up
- We are not responsible for unsupervised children
- No food, chewing gum, or drink other than water is allowed in the dance rooms or cheer gym.
- Please try to keep the lobby as clean and quiet as possible
- Instructors are not available for conversation during or between classes
- Dancers are to check their communication folders weekly
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment of 5 students will be canceled
- Alternative classes will be offered with the cancellation notice
- We follow the BCSC schedule for cancellations and breaks with a few exceptions. See our calendar for details.
- We typically cancel when BCSC cancels school or after school activities due to inclement weather. Contact the studio to confirm.
- Call our message line @ 350-6861 for confirmation of canceled classes
- Weather cancellations will be made up on the third cancellation of the same class
- Classes cancelled by the instructor will be made up at a later date
- Student missed classes will be made up only when three consecutive classes are missed due to an illness
- Video taping is encouraged for practice at home
- We will be closed on Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas Break, Spring Break, Memorial Day, and July 4th. See our calendar for detailed information
- Participation is the Spring rehearsal and recital is mandatory for dance classes
- All tuition payments must be current
- Costumes range between $50-$85 for each dance
- A $50 costume deposit is due on or before November 9th – The remaining costume balance must be paid by January 15th.
- No refunds will be given for costumes ordered
- Costumes will be sent home upon receipt of the full payment and current tuition
- An additional minimal expense may be incurred for tights, hose, and hair/shoe ribbon
- Each dance family will receive a set amount of free tickets for recital weekend
- Recital weekend 2016 May 20 – 23